Old February 28th 14, 07:58 PM posted to misc.legal,rec.autos.driving,alt.satellite.gps.garmin
Frank

Default I was found guilty of cellphone gps use in CA and now they overturnedthe law

On 2/27/2014 11:00 PM, Mark Taylor wrote:
> I was found guilty of cellphone gps use in CA and now they overturned the
> law according to a ruling released today.
>
> http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-cou...-while-driving
> California court OKs using cellphone map while driving
>
> Since I used a similar argument, that I was just using the GPS, is there a
> way I can get my money back?

I don't know CA law but would assume you got a ticket and already paid
the fine. If you haven't you can normally take it to traffic court and
appeal there, if you have you most likely will have to ask the
state/court about your right to appeal.