Old October 29th 10, 10:54 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.news.internet.discuss
Dave Head

Default Is This The Magic Battery?

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 07:52:04 -0700, richard >
wrote:

>On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 06:59:07 -0400, Dave Head wrote:
>
>> http://www.caradvice.com.au/89483/au...charge-record/
>>
>> Maybe, if it doesn't cost a million dollars. These guys have run a
>> car for about 400 miles on a single battery charge at around 70 - 80
>> mph. That's awesome if true. It could be America's way out of buying
>> foreign oil, and greatly reducing ur operating costs.
>>
>> My Subaru WRX gets 25 mpg on a typical long trip. A Chevy Volt goes
>> 40 miles on a 10 KwH charge. Around here, 10 KwH costs 62 1/2 cents.
>> The WRX takes premium and costs about $4.72 to go 40 miles. Big
>> difference. Maybe we have cheap transportation again? CAFE
>> standards? Unncessary. And we have absolutely oceans of domestic
>> natural gas to build clean power generation for these cars.
>>
>> Just hope its real.

>Sure it's real. Just don't expect the vehicle to show up on the sales floor
>in the USA in the next 50 years or so. As the big four auto makers in the
>USA will keep it from being imported.

Big 4? GM, Ford, Chrysler, and... ?

They haven't been successful in preventing the importation of any
other sort of foreign competitive vehicle, why would they all of a
sudden be successful with this?

>We could have had similar cars already in production and being sold. But
>because the big four are not willing to change, they will not even begin
>the production of such vehicles.

>Why do you think we do not have engines that get 100mpg?

Why, because they buried the 100 mpg carburetor in the 50's, and have
been furiously spending millions of dollars on fuel injection to FAKE
the effort to build a 100 mpg vehicle since then...

>Although the
>technology is here to do it.

Uh huh.

>It is a conspiracy between the big four and
>OPEC to keep producing gas guzzlers.

Sure is. Its facilitated by the Roswell space aliens, too. That's
why it works so good, y'know?