Old October 29th 10, 12:30 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.news.internet.discuss
Dave__67

Default Is This The Magic Battery?

On Oct 29, 6:59*am, Dave Head > wrote:
> http://www.caradvice.com.au/89483/au...cle-sets-600km...
>
> Maybe, if it doesn't cost a million dollars. *These guys have run a
> car for about 400 miles on a single battery charge at around 70 - 80
> mph. *That's awesome if true. *It could be America's way out of buying
> foreign oil, and greatly reducing ur operating costs.
>
> My Subaru WRX gets 25 mpg on a typical long trip. *A Chevy Volt goes
> 40 miles on a 10 KwH charge. *Around here, 10 KwH costs 62 1/2 cents.
> The WRX takes premium and costs about $4.72 to go 40 miles. *Big
> difference. *Maybe we have cheap transportation again? *CAFE
> standards? *Unncessary. *And we have absolutely oceans of domestic
> natural gas to build clean power generation for these cars.
>
> Just hope its real.

liPos are great- use them in my model airplane.
Very light, awesome capacity.

They have a huge downside though- physical trauma tends to make them,
well, explode.
So does overcharging.

They are also damaged if they are discharged beyond a certain point.

Dave