Old November 10th 04, 04:53 AM
boB

Jeffrey Davison wrote:

> What needs to be done to the '65 - '66 to make them the best "track"
> car? Ride quality is not as important as handling.
> After market bits available? best springs and socks? Anyone here of an
> independent rear suspension conversion?
>
> Thanks people
>
> Jeff Davison

Take a look at Total Control products, they are probably the best
in the industry. Very expensive, though.
The MII front end is a good deal, too. But it requires a lot of
cutting and welding, and can also be pretty expensive in the end.
I've not seen an IRS for those years. If you really want IRS,
consider a 67-70.
The guys at Mustangs Plus do a lot of restomod work and some
racing. Talk with them about current state of the art.

Don't forget all the obvious work that a unibody car needs.

--
..boB
1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged!