Old March 22nd 07, 01:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 2002 Honda SiR

I purchased a 2002 SiR in June '06 and about 3 months later discovered
a lot of water in the trunk. Took it back to dealer who had
originally assured me the car had been gone over with a fine tooth
comb when I purchased it! They checked it out and never found
anything and the next day it poured rain and again, the trunk was full
of water. I took it back and they once again checked it out and
discovered a "gap" between the wheel well and proceeded to patch it
and then called me to pick up the vehicle to the tune of $150.00. I
freaked out over the phone and told them I would not pay said amount
and after speaking to the Used car manager and several heated words
later they said they would absorb the cost. Well, that still didn't
correct the prob and by now as you can well imagine I was pretty
disgusted with the whole mess. The Used car manager said some pretty
nasty things to me. I even called Honda Canada but all they said was
"this is an internal matter for the dealership to handle"! I called
the owner of the dealership and waited several weeks for a call and
nothing. Then I called the general manager of the dealership (he is
the owner's son) and told him the situation and he listened but a few
minutes later had one of his flunkies call and tell me that unless I
was willing to pay for them to even look at the car in the future not
to bother bringing the car in...well, I had had another appt the
following morning to see if they could rectify the "leak" in the trunk
and they called shortly after my conversation with the GM and
cancelled my appt and said I need'nt bother to bring the car in there
again...so I was more or less banned from the place and guess what?? I
still have the leak in the trunk and it you can tell that leak has
been there for a while as it had begun to rust. They recommended a
couple of their garages for me to take it to, duh??? Like I would
trust them. Did I ever get stung on this car! No recourse except
small claims court and there is more hassle and stress. How can
dealerships get away with crap like this?? Why doesn't the common man
have any way to resolve a prob like this???