Old August 14th 11, 07:25 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
aRKay[_4_]

Default Tip on C5 Hard to Start

I was having some starting issues with my 2001 C5 Coupe. I would turn
the key and there would be a long delay before the starter engaged. On
one trip to the store it was dead and nothing happened for a long time.

I recalled a starting issue a few years ago when it was still under
warranty and the dealer fixed the problem by ordering a new key. I
changed keys to my backup and it starts fine now.

Who would think a worn out key would cause such a problem. Now how
to obtain a replacement key. As I recall the dealer had to order one
from GM