Old November 20th 05, 04:17 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Failed SMOG, now what???

On 19 Nov 2005 18:38:02 -0800 "skuba" > wrote:

> I failed the smog test and now I don't know what to do.

Many times, I've seen where people change the plugs,
cap and rotor, and use SeaFoam (~200 miles before)
prior to the test. The trick, in most instances, is
to drive the vehicle at LEAST 30 minutes (preferably
an hour) before getting to the inspection station.

Some states offer an owner a max-limit on repairs
to get the vehicle into compliance - once the owner
has spent that amount (some states = ~300 on older
cars), allow the vehicle to pass.

[snip]
> Some people are calling me and saying they will buy the car as is. But
> I am afraid of that, because without smog they can't transfer to their
> name.

Not sure which stat you're in, but in Texas, a person
can sell a car that has an expired inspection sticker.

--
remove MYSHOES to email