Old January 26th 08, 10:56 PM posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Walter Cohen

Default Automotive floor jacks - bottle or floor jack

I want to get one (at least) hydraulic jack to use if I need to change a
flat in my garage or driveway. The crappy standard equipment jacks that
come in a car I just don't trust.

What is better/easier to use for changing tires (or plain lifting up the
corner of a car) - a hydraulic bottle jack or a hydraulic floor jack? I
want to be sure also that the car doesn't slip off the jack while I'm
working on the car. I know I need to also get some jack stands for safety.

Thanks.
Walter