Old November 6th 17, 03:06 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair

Default What are some car-repair jobs you always wished you could do but have never done?

wrote:

>>> Changing camber on a strut still changes toe.

>> I didn't say it didn't. camber has a lot less effect on camber, and
>> vice versa on a strut system than on a double wishbone system
>>

>That depends entirely on *where* you adjust that camber on the strut.

Since the caster adjustment can only be done some 16 or so inches
from the ball joint (have not seen an adjustable lower control arm
pivot in decades on a strut suspension) the difference in caster from
camber or vice versa is by necessity less than half what it would be
if the centers were 8 incges apaty like a typical double wishbone