Old November 6th 17, 02:35 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
rbowman

Default What are some car-repair jobs you always wished you could dobut have never done?

On 11/5/2017 9:49 PM, RS Wood wrote:
> I don't hear anyone talking about pushrods, so, all I see here are that
> chains last a*lot* longer in general than do belts, where if either one
> broke on an interference engine, expensive things can happen.

Unless it's a gear driven camshaft the pushrod design will have a chain.
Other than bikes I don't there are many gear drives because of the
fitting problems. My Harley has gears but they are factory matched.
Aftermarket cams tend to be noisier because of the wider tolerance.