Old March 25th 10, 03:22 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_11_]

Default What's going on with used values?

"SteveH" > wrote in message
> Started to have thoughts about replacing the 'wagon with something else.
>
> Looked towards the 159 and GT....
>
> But it appears that residuals are almost BMW-matching these days!
>
> The world has gone mad.

I spotted this recently too on the 2nd hand 159 front - I can only assume
its a supply and demand problem. There don't seem to be many 159s around, so
their prices are therefore higher. Perhaps its because Alfa have closed all
their dealerships, so people aren't buying alfas any more, so there are
fewer second hand ones, so the prices get pushed up.

Also, I think people now realise that alfa's don't fall apart and turn to
oxide at the first sight of rain anymore. The electrics even work on most
models!