Old October 14th 09, 10:53 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

Default More NFS Shift, more movie action, more... ZZzzzz......

(Ronald Stoehr) wrote:

> One question: did you install a drift mod?

No, that's the vanilla install, and I've never tried any of the drift cars/races in
Shift.

I still think Shift looks far worse than it feels, and it feels absolutely superb
to me, even though I thought iRacing had ruined all other simulated racing
experiences.

It's also not fair to judge Shift on the way I drive the Impreza. That thing was
set up by a rally fan, I'm sure. It's *wonderfully* satisfying to throw around, and
I insist on throwing it. :-)

The FOV settings I used emphasise that movement as well, especially the outside
views in that movie. The viewpoint is offset from the actual vehicle (forward and
above) and I used my TIR hand-held as a 'camera'. So a lot of the movement is mine
rather than Shift's.

Andrew McP