Old December 15th 09, 03:19 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Clams Canino

Default Corvette Flyby at 198 mph ; skillful driver or completely nuts ? You decide.

"tww1491" > wrote in message news:FkBVm.91282

> The 145 came from a Car & Driver or Road Track test of the 454 with a

3.08.
> I ran mine up to 130 several times and it was stable. Now, what the real
> speed was -- who knows. Good grief, I could get an easy 120 out of my 70
> Honda 750/4 which only had a collector on it.

Mine *was* stable up at speed back in the day. I remember going over a
drawbridge with expansion joints at over 100 a few times and it wasn't too
scary. It didn't feel like it was shaking apart on that wide open run I
mentioned iether - I don't remember the exact details though.

I'm in the middle of replacing *everything* under the car now with new and
poly etc etc .
I don't know if I'll have the grapes to do untra high speed tests anymore -
or risk the tickets at todays prices. But it was getting pretty flakey the
last few years at any kind of speed.

-W