Old April 18th 11, 08:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_3_]

Default fuel pump pin falling out?

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 21:15:04 +0200, Sam > wrote:

> Thanks for the help. That is what I was worried about. I hope I can
> tap it back in without any damage.
>
> -Sam

When you get it far enough in to reach the other side of the pump body,
you might have to tap it at an slight angle to get it to enter the other
hole.
Take a good look at the pin before you tap it and see what angle it wants
to tilt towards, either up or down, tap carefully in the opposite
direction when there is something like 5mm's left.
Not accurate measures here so your mileage may vary.
J.