Old December 8th 04, 05:37 PM
edmechanic

www.mo-de.net wrote:
> I am going to attempt to change my distributor cap and rotor. I know

if
> I don't do this correctly the car will not start. Any tips to

ensure it
> does start and thing(s) I should look out for?
>
> The car is a;
>
> BMW 318i 1984
> 4 cylinders
> 1.8 liter engine
> Coupe
>
> Lex, thanks

I recently worked on a 1989 325is and took 3 days to take of cap.
An hour a day. It seemed to be hanging up. Finally realized there is
a metal coolant tube running across face of distributor cap. Had to
loosen two 10 mm bolts holding the tube one on right side of cap and
one on left. You might not have the same configuration but this is
what I found.