Old October 23rd 07, 12:10 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
rebco10

Default Thought about returning in a c5

On Oct 22, 9:11 am, (Dave in Lake Villa)
wrote:
> It comes down to : Do you want a Family Car or a Sports Car (an M3 or a
> Corvette) ? Lastly, had you taken that 2000 Vette thru some turns ,
> you would have found out about its superior handling in addition to raw
> power. Motor Trend said the Corvette outhandles the Viper even.
>
> I think you need to hold off on your purchase until you have given my
> question much more thought. Let us know what you ultimately decided on.
>
> Dave

Hey Dave.

Please no flames. I am a Corvette fan. The M3 stats up very close to
vette. Look. My point was the vette seemed so disconnected with the
driver.

2001 BMW (E46) M3
Year 2001
Make BMW
Model (E46) M3
Engine Location Front
Drive Type Rear Wheel
Production Years for Series 2001 -
Price $45,500.00
Weight 3020 lbs | 1369.9 kg
Introduced At 2000 Paris Motor Show

Performance
0-60 mph 4.8 seconds.
1/4 Mile 13.2-13.3 seconds.
Top Speed 155 mph | 249.4 km/h Similar top speeds

Engine
Engine Configuration I
Cylinders 6
Aspiration/Induction Normal
Displacement 3.00 L | 183.1 cu in. | 3001 cc.
Valvetrain DOHC
Horsepower 330.00 HP (242.9 KW)
Torque 255.00 Ft-Lbs (345.8 NM) @ 4900.00 RPM
HP to Weight Ratio 9.2 LB / HP (Vehicles with similar ratio)
HP / Liter 110.0 BHP / Liter
Vehicles with similar horsepower and weight

Transmission Information
Gears 6
Transmission Manual

Dimensions
Seating Capacity 4
Exterior
Length 176.701 in | 4488.2 mm.
Width 69.201 in | 1757.7 mm.
Height 54.001 in | 1371.6 mm.
Wheelbase 107.301 in | 2725.4 mm.
Vehicles with similar dimensions

2000 Chevrolet Corvette C5
Year 2000
Make Chevrolet
Model Corvette C5
Engine Location Front
Drive Type Rear Wheel
Production Years for Series 1997 - 2003
Price $38,895.00
Weight 3218 lbs | 1459.7 kg

Performance
0-60 mph 4.8 seconds.
1/4 Mile 13.3 seconds.
Top Speed 172 mph | 276.7 km/h Similar top speeds

Engine
Engine Configuration V
Cylinders 8
Aspiration/Induction Normal
Displacement 5680.00 cc | 346.6 cu in. | 5.7 L.
Valvetrain OHV
Horsepower 345.00 BHP (253.9 KW) @ 5600.00 RPM
Torque 350.00 Ft-Lbs (474.6 NM) @ 4400.00 RPM
HP to Weight Ratio 9.3 LB / HP (Vehicles with similar ratio)
HP / Liter 60.5 BHP / Liter
Vehicles with similar horsepower and weight

Transmission Information
Gears 6
Transmission Manual

I took the vette around lots of side roads and turns. That is what
bothered me. It seems to lose composure