Old August 21st 18, 04:45 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Kevin Bottorff[_3_]

Default what lateral g-force can old cars achieve?

wrote in
:

> A modern vanilla sedan can do 0.9 g, maybe more with good tyres.
> I saw a video on Youtube of some guy fitting a triangulated 4-link
> suspension to some chrome-bumper car, and managed to get 0.52 g on
> cornering, which seems rather poor. Must have had **** tyres. Sorry, I
> haven't been able to find it again to get the details.

first of all the modern vanilla sedan can not do .9 gs. that would be a
very good number on a sports car. also the weight bias on a older car would
have been pretty poor on a RWD sedan of the era. If I remember correctly
(pretty iffy) camero and must. set up for good handleing would have been
about .79 or so. KB