Old June 1st 09, 12:43 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

Default Opinion on iRacing short falls.

"jeffareid" > wrote in message

>>> RSC is down so I don't have links.

>> Are these 'real racers' people of note?

> Nope, just real racers. I cant remember if the Skip Barber school
> instructors were one of the ones that stated that braking points in
> iRacing
> weren't the same as the braking points in real life.
>
> It's an issue related to simulation versus real life, but I don't know
> what
> the specifics are other than comments made by a few racers.

Well, for any of this discussion to have any validity at all we need the
people making these comments to verify that what they are driving is EXACTLY
the same as what's being simmed.

Tyres (new or worn), brakes, weight, etc.

If there is any truth to this though then it sure does make a mockery of
the mm perfect tracks. No point having mm perfect tracks if everything else
isn't mm perfect - chain's as strong as the weakest link!