Old October 13th 11, 06:53 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default C5 Tire Sensors

<Ev> wrote in message ...
Well my lithium batteries have all died an its time to take it in.
Question is do they replace the whole sensor or just the battery

Thanks in advance

Evan

Depends on the year of your Corvette, from 1997 through 2000 they were
number 10438853 at about $80 to $120 each. From 2001 through 2004 they
were number 2577394 at a cost of about $33 to $60 each and they will
not change batteries. You will need to replace the entire tire
pressure sensor by removing the wheel and breaking down at least one
side of the tire to replace the sensor. You can buy them online
cheaper but I doubt that a dealer will replace them for you if you
take in your sensors.