Old April 18th 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Idle RPM sensitivity to signalling?

I have seen that when the body loses it's ground.

The GM's usually have a mesh strap from the bell housing to the body
with a small black wire from the battery post to the body. When the
mesh strap goes, the small wire will be severely overloaded and will
usually start to melt the insulation before it burns up and the vehicle
dies.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's