Old December 23rd 17, 10:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
TE Cheah[_2_]

Default SM4's ecu ( made by NEC ) can't let engine idle stably, unless ecu isreset successfully

My F20a ( 126,000 km, overhauled til it can start very well even when cold in 28°C air ) kept stalling when idle. Owner's manual has no mention of any need to reset ecu, only a pdf file ( repair guide, on setting idle speed ) I got from AutoZone's site says ecu needs to be reset by removing clock's fuse, but if any capacitor is present on this circuit, ecu will get a voltage even w-o its fuse, i.e. any capacitor present must be grounded ( like my ASrock AM3+ mboard battery's socket's +ve pin must be grounded, to reset CMOS ).
After I reset ecu successfully, my F20a can idle stably down to 550 rpm if compressor is off ( ; torque is 2x original ). SM4 users beware.