Old April 21st 11, 05:35 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
William Bradshaw

Default I was trying not to expect too much from rF2, but...

On 3/26/2011 1:36 AM, Andrew MacPherson wrote:
> ...now I appear to have got a little bit excited. That's not good for me. It messes
> with my naturally pessimistic hormone levels.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDyHA...layer_embedded
>
> All that remains to be seen is how well they can translate this work into that
> elusive "feel" through your wheel. I think I shall allow myself to be more
> optimistic than I was before.
>
> http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-ne...view-video-qa/
>
> Andrew McP
>
> PS Visually it's not spectacular, but in another VirtualR post there's talk of the
> work on post processing still to be done. That should bring it a little more up to
> date, visually.... though I'm not too bothered as long as they manage to get close
> to iRacing& NKPro in terms of satisfying ride.
>
> PPS Why do F1 cars have to get uglier every year? Those silly-small wings this
> season are horrible.

As the dev of NSS, I too get excited about the info they're releasing.
I'm just hoping that their tire and suspension updates will do sim
racing justice. It sucks trying to develop something and then realize
the physics just don't support it.

Of course, I was excited about NASCAR 2011 as well...then I read the
reviews and forums. Talk about deflated expectations.

-Will