Old November 1st 10, 03:59 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Mike G Cornell

Default Audi Reliability Unacceptable by US Standards

On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 05:07:53 -0700 (PDT), laurentien
> wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>I have had a BMW 323i 1986 and I never had a problem with it and I
>went on the Autobahns now and then and could see why this car is
>superior. The perfect young executive car (for a man being single, so
>all these Swiss girls who look when drifting on the snow) showing that
>he has taste for a real sports car.
>
>I am now the owner of an 1994 Audi 80 1.9 TDi. WE have reached 260 000
>km now. More like the stettled down father car (being now director if
>not a partner), much more bourgeois but still handling like a sports
>car, never failed me in roundabouts at almost any speed. This car
>still makes 6.2 L / 100 km (45 mpg) and will reach half a million
>kilometers. Very reliable car with sound engine not even rusted.

If someone told me Audi once made a reliable car I would have no
problems believing it. One of the best cars I ever owned was a mid
1980's BMW.

It just seems many of these german makes lost their reliability focus.