Old January 10th 07, 11:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox

Default "SUDDEN ACCELERATION" 'aint going away........

My Name Is Nobody wrote:
> "WindsorFox" > wrote in message
>> GatorMan wrote:
>>> Okay, lets see how this works:
>>>
>>> Key ON - - - Key OFF - - -
>>> Power Steering ON NO Power Steering
>>> Power Brakes ON NO Power Brakes
>>> Engine ON NO Engine Power
>>> NO CONTROL STEERING WHEEL IS LOCKED
>>>
>>> So, which was the right decision. No-Brainer
>>> So, turn your key off Mr. Fox
>>>

>> With this single post, you have proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that
>> you are an automotive imbecile.
>>

>> If the key is on and you stop the engine with a kill switch, you will
>> STILL disable the power brakes, and the power steering. You can NOT
>> however turn the key far enough to lock the wheel while the car is in "D."
>> Incidentally, when the engine shuts off, unless I am mistaken, under the
>> condition of "no engine power" that pretty much should negate the NEED FOR
>> BRAKING AND STEERING!!!
>>
>> The correct decision was to TURN OFF THE KEY period. Then it would have
>> been a non-incident. I tried to give you some benefit of the doubt, but
>> apparently your are just a total boob and too dumb to realize it.
>>

>> --
>> “I intended that "not stupid" be a requirement.” – Seth Breidbart

> LOL
>
> GATORMAN,
> Give it a brake, you did something REALLY stupid. Even if the throttle did
> indeed stick (HIGHLY UNLIKELY) you missed way too many opportunities to
> defuse the situation with no drama or property damage.
> 1. Your Mustangs engine and WILL NOT over come your brakes!
> 2. Simply sticking the shifter back into park would have eliminated any
> further issue.
> 3. Simply turning the ignition key off would have eliminated any further
> issue.
>
> All three are magnitudes simpler than fumbling around on your shifter
> looking for a kill switch, which as has already been pointed out will also
> kill your power brakes and power steering too just like the ignition key...

In the form of Steve who recently graced our presence
and that of the long lost Michael Dyke, I offer you this:

Gatormaaaaaan, plese listen....
You don't knooooow, what yer missin'.....
Gatormaaaaaan, the caaa-aar is in YOUR command! (LA,la,la,la...)