Old January 14th 12, 03:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_5_]

Default CD Players On Their way Out

" > wrote in message
> Won't be long and CD players will be just a old, quaint accessory at a
> future car show.
>
> http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_new...ing-cd-players
>
> Patrick

TFrog has the original Ford Premium Sound System, AM/FM Cassette. The tape
player hasn't been used in years, and I really only listen to AM for news
and sports. But...

Jean's got that damn Escape with the Sync system, and I admit to being a
mite jealous. I've gone so far as to price out an all-Alpine installation
(with Bluetooth, iPod connectivity, single subwoofer, etc.), but keep
running up against the same problem - it would be installed in an
18-year-old piece o' &%#$ 5.0. The car has other priorities.

FINALLY got off my ass and started prepping for winter. Spent 5 hours last
Sunday with the polish and wax (all Mother's, all the time), but still have
to do the lower molding and panels. Here's a bad photo from Monday:

http://www.tfrog.com/tfrog/7896.jpg

Part of me wanted to stop after the pipes were cleaned, and head back to the
La-Z-Boy. The photo makes TFrog look a bit better than it actually does -
still could use a complete paint job. (Got one quote - $4,000 - and got
scared off.) Even so, while it looks like ass, the polish and wax now makes
it look like shiny ass, and I'm very pleased with the appearance (so long as
it's not in direct sunlight).

The Alpine set-up remains in my Wish List at BestBuy. Meanwhile, my stereo
continues to be the twin pipes out back (especially at 2,000 rpm), and I
have no need for GPS or any desire to talk (hands-free or otherwise) while
driving.

I'm connected at work, connected at home. I prefer TFrog to be a "safe
zone," I think, and don't really need the electronic distraction. Still...

dwight
lately incapable of making a decision