Old June 11th 11, 08:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
johnny p.[_2_]

Default Alignment and a clever plan.

Alan Baker wrote:

> I'm quite likely to want to take my Miata on roads that have
> significant snow cover and in particular roads where the snow
> is packed down in the centre of the lane and your tires drive
> down ruts on either side...
>
> What do you guys think?

What I think is that I was working outdoors all day yesterday in these
crappy mosquito woods on the outskirts of St. Petersburg FL yesterday
and it was hot as Hell and I like to pass out from the heat (had to keep
moving, though, or the mosquitos would have drained me dry) and the idea
of driving a Miata in snow sounds absolutely great. Just the word
"snow" sounds great. "Snow." "Snow." Ahhh. Thank you.

All the edge-of-losing-it fun of hi-speed driving at easy-going low
speed, gotta love that. So go for it! What's the worst that could
happen? Your snow tires wearing unevenly? Your car handling less than
optimally well? It's going to do that anyway on snow tires.

yrs wdk