Old January 31st 05, 01:47 AM
Tony Bad

"Rob Guenther" > wrote in message
.. .
> Well this is just a hypothetical question brought on by a friend of mine
> telling me he made it 20 minutes after his alternator died on his

Lumina...
> I was thinking, with no spark plugs and much less of an electrical load,

how
> long would a diesel engine run without any alternator?

Not sure about a TDI, but I once was on my way from FL to NY, and my
alternator crapped out about 200 miles into a 1100 mile trip...made it the
whole way. It was quite without a radio!

--
Tony Bad

02 Jetta Wagon
01 Eurovan MV
91 Jetta 1.6 Diesel
86 Jetta
79 Rabbit 1.5 Diesel (semi-retired for now)
Schwinn Continental 10 Speed
Radio Flyer Pedal Car (my daughter made me add this)