Old January 7th 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Matt Ion

Default 87 accord runs out of steam

peter rittscher wrote:
> My 1987 accord with 87000 mile on it seems to quit acceleration if
> you give it too much gas for too long. It just kind of quits, slows
> down, quits, slows down. If I let off the accerator it seems to pick
> up were it left off. If I press the fully gas pedal I can accelerate
> normaly for about eight second then it does what I described. It
> really sucks on hills. I have changed both fuel filters and checked
> the fuel pump fuse.
> Any ideas appreciated.
> Thanks
> Peter Rittscher

Is this a carbed or fuel injected model?

Check the vacuum advance on the distributor, and check for spark leaks (new
distro cap and rotor probably wouldn't hurt). Check and/or replace the air
filter as well. If it's a carb, check the operation of the secondary.