Old November 17th 04, 02:16 AM
G.R. Patterson III

snh9728 wrote:

> I didn't mean an external leak; I meant a leaking piston seal. The
> piston moves forward when you push the pedal, but the fluid just leaks
> past it to the other side of the piston. The fluid is still in the
> master cylinder; it didn't squirt out into the world.

If that were the case, I would think that nothing would come out the bleeder
valve when I opened it up, but I do get some fluid out of each valve. About 25
pumps with a valve open will draw the level in the master down about half way.

George Patterson
If a man gets into a fight 3,000 miles away from home, he *had* to have
been looking for it.