Old December 13th 08, 03:52 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford

Default What about these gifts to Toyota

Part of the deal is "narrow mindedness"....

Mississippi will offer a large employer (this, BTW, goes on all over the
place) tax incentives to open their business in a particular area.... The
idea is to offer fair pay for the skills required. Is this a handout? Or is
it a fair trade off for an economic stimulus?

This will decrease unemployment numbers, put people to work for wages that
are fair in terms of skills and knowledge required and, in general,
stimulate the local economy.

Quite a it different from autoworkers that are doing much better (in terms
of wages and benefits) than those people that defend their stance... Ones
wage is one thing... Your wage may be $20 per hour... Your cost to your
wmployer is quite another thing... and, in the case of a UAW employee, your
cost to your employer could be as much as $70 per hour.

Tunnel vision runs rampant in some regions.... even though it is often the
biggest part of the problem.