Old September 3rd 07, 10:00 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku ハチロク

Default OEM Tires, Optional OEM tires, and totally off-the-wall tires

On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 22:06:41 -0700, mack wrote:

> "Hachiroku ????" > wrote in message
>> My '89 Mazda 626:
>> I replaced the original tires with the cheapest ones I could find,

> I cringed when I saw these words, Hachi, because a tire is the last type
> of ANY product where it's a good idea to go on the cheap. Buy cheap
> motor oil, cheap beer, cheap underwear, and cheap laundry detergent, and
> though they may not be as good as the name brand, they'll get the job
> done, and most importantly, they won't kill you. Cheap tires can, have
> and will kill people.
> Buy day old bread, margarine instead of butter, and second hand shirts
> from Goodwill, but overpay for your tires. One blowout or tread
> separation at highway speed, and you won't have to worry about anything
> any more....ever.

I cringed when I bought them.

And I was REALLY steamed when, one week after putting the cheapest "All
Season" tires I could on what was to be a winter car, Sears put real,
honest to goodness Winter Goodyears on sale in the same size for $35 each...