Old November 5th 12, 11:00 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default FFB...almost done

Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
Ok, it looks like, that with the newest patch they fixed everything.
This is how it goes.
The default should be 100/50/50/50. I experimented with that, with
cockpitLookDeadZone being 0.000000, and I didn't find any way to make it
better. Only thing to do here is to Adjust Overall. So, I am now using
127/50/50/50.
Second thing. I was very surprised to find out that this, not only
that it is working with "cockpitLookDeadZone" set at the default iRacing
value (0.050000), but it also LIKES it. With it, it gives "the right"
feeling.
So, it looks like this is it, only you have to put everything on 50,
and adjust Overall to your liking, : ).

Well, wrong.
This was with "cockpitLookDeadZone" at 0.000000. Now I changed to
0.050000, and suddenly FFB became alive. I was able to adjust Centering
Spring, Spring and Damper.
Centering Spring I adjusted with this setting: 127/50/50/-. It
turned out that Centering Spring is 24%. Then I moved Spring and Damper
together, and it turned out that the best position is 17%, so it was
127/17/17/24. Then I adjusted Damper even more, and it turned out that
Damper should be at 20%.
So, now I have 127/17/20/24.
Well, then I tried all this with the Logitech Profiler, and I drove
even better.
Tomorrow I'll see if this setting is the best possible with the
Profiler (because, when I found it I didn't have Profiler on), or if I can
make it even better, just to be sure. The driving is like more direct
without the Profiler, but it looks like Profiler has some strengts also,
since I drive better, and have faster times with it.

Uh, wrong again. 127/14/20/24 works excellently with some cars, but
with Mazda MX-5 is all wrong. Damper, Spring and Centering Spring have to be
somewhere around 50%.
Profiler is good because it adjustes sensitivity, and sensitivity of
50% is good.