Old October 30th 06, 04:58 PM posted to alt.autos.studebaker,rec.autos.tech,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,alt.autos.corvette

Default best anti-RF ignition wiring TYPE

63Avanti wrote:
> now this is interesting,
> I remember fabricating for my neighbor's '62 Ford a metal can with
> braided shielded wires to cover his distributor and cables out to the
> plugs. I no longer knew when he drove out of his driveway by watching
> the patterns on my TV (UHF).
>
> Now for the question.
> Any one know if these boots, if self-fabricated, are essentially a
> CYLINDER, grounded by contact with the engine block?

On piston-engined aircraft the plugs, wires, and magneto
distributor caps are all metal and are grounded. The shielded cable is
grounded at the mag end and the plug end. There's no ignition noise
from such a setup.

Go he http://www.sacskyranch.com/eng67.htm

Dan