Old November 9th 17, 01:38 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
rbowman

Default What are some car-repair jobs you always wished you could dobut have never done?

On 11/8/2017 5:39 PM, Vic Smith wrote:
> Try telling the other guy that handling is a non-issue most of the time.

I doubt the other guy lives in Montana. The road report from early
December to late February is usually snow packed and icy. That describes
my driveway too. I don't miss the drama of getting my RWD F150 out of
the driveway at all.

>> >Present and last car are AWD. It varies from F/R 40/60 normal, 50/50 in
>> >snow mode and if the front or rear are on slippery road it can shift to
>> >either 90/10 to 10/90 depending on traction. It was great one day in
>> >the snow going up a hill passing 3 cars stuck or struggling. Retired
>> >now, I have no plans to drive in the snow.

> I suppose to the other guy that's a marketing gimmick.

AWD is marketed as a feature. I honestly don't remember a salesman
saying 'Buy the FWD; it's better in the snow.' I will admit I'm focused
on other things when shopping for a car. I like 2 door hatchbacks and
they tend to be FWD. I did have one that was RWD. I traded a '80 Camaro
for a '82 Firebird when the Camaro/Firebirds went to a hatchback. It was
nothing special in the snow but it was better than my '73 Mustang, which
was an unmitigated disaster. When Ford went to that Mustang II POS I
went GM. I haven't looked at the new offerings of either but at least
they look like cars again.