Old March 29th 12, 08:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_28_]

Default Ignition switch wiring??

It was about 1966 in Aust they changed from batt +12 going only to Lighting
Sw only to going to both Ig Sw and Lighting( term 30 from memory).As far as
I know on all models.. I,ve seen variations though but they may have been
"repairs' done subsequently. I often wondered whether, if VW had an excess
of "switch A" , did a short term mod to use up the excess stock!.