Old May 1st 09, 09:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
doby

Default 65 Mercury Cylcone vs 65 Plymouth production cars Oops I FORGOT TO ATTACH THE PHOTOS - 65 Cyclone vs 65 production Plymouth.jpg (1/1)

On Fri, 1 May 2009 07:12:05 -0700, "Skip" > wrote:

>>He's just comparing the styling not the size or market. To boot, the
>>Cyclone was a large "compact" like the Dodge Dart of the same era, bigger
>>than the Falcon on which it was based, and the Mopars were roundly
>>criticized in their day for being smaller than their full size
>>contemporaries from GM and Ford. There may not have been a great deal of
>>difference in size.
>>By the way, the Fury was classified as full sized, not intermediate. The
>>Satellite was the intermediate sized Mopar, which is what this example
>>appears to be. As such, it might be quite close to the Cyclone in size.

Right on Skip. The purpose is to show that spies in every company seem to
sneak out proto or design info to competitors. Some are too obvious to just
be a chance in a million coincidence. I imagine money paid has a lot to do in
these cases too. If they were on the road then any photographer can take the
photo. I've done it myself were known, but disguised vehicles travel. Never
had any publish or made any money on them.

Doby