Old January 27th 05, 01:20 AM
Charlie Derk

For my last car (a 2001 Volvo S60), I used Great Lakes Warranty
Corporation out of Pittsburgh. The dealer that I get my cars from
offered it to me. It came in handy. It covers just about everything a
"Certified PreOwned" car warranty would. I had a brake booster go bad
as well as the Electronic Throttle Module. Both of them they took care
of - no hassels. What's really nice is that the warranty is 4 years,
unlimited miles. I wrecked the Volvo last week and it had 125k miles on
it. If putting a ton of miles on the car, this warranty is great.

Basically, you call Great Lakes when you find out what is wrong and they
give you a claim number. Then you just send in your receipt and they
reimburse you. Took me about a week to get a check

I just picked up a 2002 A6 Quattro. I'm going to purchase the same
warranty. I was quoted $1850 for the 4 year, unlimited mile.

hope this helps!
charlie