Old August 9th 10, 05:24 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default Expensive Repair in Process

"aRKay" > wrote in message

> After two dead batteries on my 2001 Coupe it was taken to the dealer
> on
> a flat bed truck. The first report is BCM (Body Control Module) is
> drawing 4 amp and that is what is killing the batteries. The big
> unknown
> at the dealership is to find and understand what circuit is
> shorted.
> Just replacing the expensive (heard $1,000) BCM may not fix the
> problem.
> They are trying to find the bad circuit and this could be as
> expensive
> as the BCM.
>
> Dad..... any experience with BCM current draw issues?

Yes, all bad. Happened to me with the '98, was only $800 but that
included the flat bed, a week rental car, and it was 10 years ago and
200 miles from home. What codes did it throw? Short was in the unit
its self. Rebuilt BCMs go for $165 and are as good as or better than
new. http://www.directautomotiveproducts.com/chrys.html Yes, I've
dealt with them with good results.