Old September 22nd 05, 06:43 PM
Comboverfish

> 2002 Buick Lesaber 30K miles, vibration starts at 75MPH. Steering
> wheel does not vibrate. I have replaced rims and tires from another
> car that did not have this type of vibration. These wheels and tires
> did not stop the vibration. I do not know how long/miles the vibration
> has been there. Is the fact that the steering wheel is not vibrating
> point to a mechanical problem in the rear of the car? Maybe a wheel
> bearing. Alignment issue? Give me some idea what it could be?

If the vibration seems to occur only while accelerating, you most
likely have a bad inner CV axle joint, either left, right, or both
sides. If it occurs under any power condition above 75 mph, you may
have an out of round axle hub in front or stub hub in back. Check all
four hubs with a dial indicator for any type of runout - lateral or
radial. If one has clearly more runout than the others, ithat hub is
the most likely culprit.

Toyota MDT in MO