View Single Post
Old September 19th 16, 12:54 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
ralphee
external usenet poster

Default c6 interior question

On Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 10:10:53 PM UTC-4, ralphee wrote:
> Hello. I went to look at a friends corvette, he is selling.. i have had a 76, 93, 96, 00, 01.. at various times.
> The one i saw today is a dark red 06 convertible. he is not sure of the package. ie. 1lt, 2lt. my question is about the seat.
>
> I had black trim and i think a dark brown kind of fabric insert. I never remember seeing seats that were not leather.
>
> Can someone help me and let me know if this is the standard seat, an option or custom.
>
> regarding the options.. it was evening. but it had heated seats and heads up display. I can not really remark about anything else. .i went to test drive it.
>
> Btw. when i sold my last corvette, an 01 red, i purchased a used Cadillac xlr. it was a big small for me, but most of all very boring. I sold it and took a bath. I was told that car was build on the c6 chassis.. I can see that. They were very similar. Naturally in the vette, you sit lower, i have the stick shift and I think about 80 more horsepower, so naturally it brings back the fun.
>
> I think my favorite car was the 96 lt4 glass top as far as fun to drive, and the c5 was the most comfortable. The c6 seems somewhere in between. A bit tighter then the c6 and more comfortable then the c4. I actually prefer the c5 to the c6, but mostly due to seat size. .. seats are much better in the c6, just smaller cockpit.
>
> Please if you can help me figure out the seat options and possibly the car options, would be appreciated.
>
> The car has 13,000 miles and I can get it for $24,000, which i think is great.

I wanted to know if the 2006 c6 came with cloth inserts.. anyway, i checked the carfax.. total loss in 2012. and rebuilt.. explains the seats. and i am not purchasing it.
the other option is a 2002 blue convert. with 25,000 miles. for $19,000 to $20k form dealer.

I had a c5 and i think it fits me better then the c6.
Ads