Old December 30th 07, 11:19 AM posted to talk.politics.misc,sci.environment,rec.autos.driving,can.politics,alt.politics.democrats
Greg Carr[_2_]

Default Coping With The New CAFÉ Standards OR Defying the Laws of Physics

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 02:10:46 -0600,
(Brent P) wrote:

>In article >, V-for-Vendicar wrote:
>>
> wrote
>>> "The efficiency of an internal combustion engine is
>>> based on total energy of the fuel and the amount of
>>> energy used to perform useful work. So by
>>> legislating a fuel efficiency increase of about 40%,
>>> our Congress Critters were attempting to rewrite Laws
>>> of Thermodynamics."

>> Over 30 teams from the U.S., Canada, India and Bahrain participated in the
>> SAE's annual mileage competition June 7-8, 2007 in Marshall, Michigan. The
>> competition requires the development and construction of a single person,
>> fuel efficient vehicle. All vehicles must be powered by a small four-cycle
>> engine, have a minimum of three wheels, and the driver must be fully
>> enclosed to prevent contact with the ground. The winner is based on a
>> combination of best fuel economy and points from technical inspections of
>> the vehicles. The 2006 winner, the University of British Columbia, achieved
>> a record 3,145 miles per gallon!

>These vehicles are completely irrelevant to anything useful for
>transportation on public roads.
>
>They are as I recall a recombent bicycle with an ICE that runs at full
>throttle and then coasts, rinse and repeat.

Look at those tiny Passats on the road. There could be a market for
these things.

We are awaiting the return of our JHVH in the flesh or his Son. His Son Yu'shua died on the cross for our sins, was resurrected and walked the earth for awhile then ascended unto Heaven. We await the Third Coming not the Second.

Scottish Quaker Robert Barclay-"The weighty Truths of God were neglected, and, as it were, went into Desuetude. ...

Who will be the last Coalition soldier to be maimed in Iraq?

Canadian troops out of Afghanistan and into Darfur.
http://www.amnesty.ca/instantkarma/petition.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI-xlbDzVbQ I Like Big Bibles

Good luck to anyone trying to learn Hebrew. I am looking for a Hebrew-Gregorian calendar in both Hebrew and English lettering.