Old May 25th 14, 01:44 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
really real

Default AWD vs RWD -which handles better in good conditions?

I live on a very steep hill, and for those few slushy days, I need AWD.
I was very happy that BMW started making their xDrive system.

I always assumed that with AWD, one pays a price as the car is heavier,
and I assumed, the handling in good conditions wasn't as good.

I'm confused about handling anyway. The first time I drove a front wheel
drive car, I was utterly impressed with the handling. I've always had
front wheel drive ever since, and was surprised to hear so many good
things about rear wheel drive.

But now that I have BMW 3281 AWD , am I getting handling as good as a
rear wheel drive BMW?