Old October 12th 08, 12:11 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
L Alpert

Default Anco wiper blades called a CR best buy

"jim beam" > wrote in message
t...
>L Alpert wrote:
>> "Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote in message

>>> Sure they do.
>>>
>>> They spec power steering fluid and auto trans fluid, and if you bypass
>>> their stuff, you see problems.
>>>
>>> Engine oil, probably not.

>> I have never had an issue with the Hondas I have owned over the past 30
>> years or so using off the shelf items such as ATF, antifreeze, brake
>> fluid, oil, etc.

> i use c.o.t.s antifreeze, brake fluid etc., but not atf. in my
> experience, the only atf that makes a honda shift well is honda z1. if
> you've added non-honda fluid and it's been "ok", it sounds like you
> haven't achieved full dilution.
>

>> I seriously doubt that there is anything "special" about them other than
>> the label.

> rather than just "doubt", why don't you do some homework? do you "doubt"
> that the component quality used by honda under the hood is any better than
> frod? have you ever dissected a honda vs. non-honda spec igniter unit for
> instance? honda may not manufacture half their stuff directly, but they
> /do/ write the spec and /do/ undertake q.c.

While specific components that are manufactured for specific applications
will be built for those applications, genric items that are manufactured to
a general specification and relabled as OEM are not. This is something I am
quite familiar with, as I have been in the OEM industry for many years (non
automotive, but OEM non the less).