Old August 18th 08, 04:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
barnhart_pinball[_2_]

Default My 72 SB lives again! Now the gen light is acting up.

Thanks to Chris (Halatos) for the great guide on adjusting valves. I always
forget how sensative these little buggers are...one valve was really loose,
some were loose by a bit and a couple were too tight. Makes for a crappy
running little car for sure. Runs strong now!

Now since I reinstalled the engine, the gen light acts odd. Normally, the
light comes on when switched on, then goes out when it starts/runs. Well,
now it's doing the opposite. It's off when the car is switched on, then
comes on when it starts/runs.

Did I hook up the generator backwards?

Mitch

--
Looking for a Sharpshooter backglass in good shape.