Old February 15th 08, 08:48 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.mercedes,alt.autos.bmw
larry moe 'n curly

Default Consider buying American!

Pszemol wrote:

> Anybody remembers what was in the news some years ago about
> Jesse Jackson accusations to Nissan of racism ? Was it workers
> hiring process related? I forgot the details...

Jesse Jackson will accuse any company of discrimination unless it has
a deal with his organization or one of his friends' companies (mostly
law firms). I'm not saying Japanese companies are anywhere close to
squeaky clean (Mitsubishi's top management was reportedly e virtually
fascist in its racial attitudes), but Jackson should do more than just
be a publicity hound, and instead he should work more to weed out the
real injustices, as he did with Texaco
(chairman was caught on tape).

Jackson once accused Cypress Semiconductor of racial discrimination,
but its chairman, T.J. Rodgers, who doesn't care one bit about race,
told Jackson that he was ************ (Rodgers is famous for swearing,
even when interviewed by engineering and scientific journals) and that
35% of his company's workforce was non-white, with a slightly higher
in upper management.