Old April 20th 05, 10:42 PM

JP Roberts wrote:

> > In the end, Audi's not much on the hook for this one. The dealer,
> > however, is.
> >

> I would really like to buy this, but if you read my other posts,

you'll
> realize that it's an Audi "policy" thing not to automatically replace

all
> faulty parts.

I *have* read your other posts. If the part is not currently causing a
problem, then they should not have to replace it. This is not an
Audi-only thing - they *all* do it.

> To give you a further example, my brother-in-law had to drop
> his car at the dealer's three times for three sucessive but

differently and
> ill-timed coilpack failures.

Again, the policy of not replacing parts that are not currently broken
causes some hassles. Maybe Audi could have sourced all the needed coil
packs all at once. And maybe tequila is suddenly going to pour out of
a faucet at home. Until Audi had a large enough supply, there *just
weren't enough* coil packs to replace four when one was faulty.

> This is something that you will never see when
> a Japanese make is involved

Flat out wrong.

> and I should think no other German
> manufacturers would dare live up to such preposterous standards.

Mercedes and BMW have exactly the same policy.

> I feel it's
> especially disappointing as we are paying dear money for these cars

in the
> belief that they are going to be German-reliable and I have always

know
> Germans to be very serious about whatever they do.

As I have said before, you had better start shopping for a luxury
Japanese make to reduce the strain on your heart.

Where again is this dealer that's not replacing non-faulty parts for
free?

E.P.