Old July 2nd 20, 11:14 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Tire Pressure Gauges - Analog Vs. Digital

Xeno wrote:

>No algorithm needed. They just translate a voltage signal
>from the pressure transducer into a digital value. Or they
>could use a variance from a reference voltage. Either way,
>there is no algorithm, just a translation from one type of
>signal to another.

Thank you for that explanation, Mr. 'Plains Dealer'!(BTW that was the name of a midwestern
newspaper, not sure if they're still in print).

Makes sense, and an interesting point: Both my Longacre and DIYCO digital gauges read
HIGH(about 1psi) compared to my Accu Gage S60x dial, and two garages I brought them
to for reference. We'll see how my Longacre dial gauge compares to the rest of this fleet,
and the garage.