Old August 6th 07, 02:03 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Otto Skorzeny

Default help identifying the year of a photo

Hi Dave,

Would it be possible to scan these at a higher resolution? That would
help a lot. The newest cars appear to be the two white ones in the
photo with the boat 12-D. They appear to be Ford Sedans. The last
prewar Fords were almost identical to the first postwar Fords. With
higher resolution it may be possible to identify them more accurately.

My gut says the first one in line is a 1941 Ford Fordor sedan.

The other photo with the most cars is a little more difficult at this
resolution to identify the newest vehicles. Most of the cars in the
picture are early '30's. Some are late '20s. The newest one seems to
be the big black one in the center. It looks like a late '30's or
early '40's sedan. I can't identify the exact year and model at this
resolution.

I can tell you that there are no 1949 models in either photo - at
least none that I could see.

Forrest