Old March 28th 19, 05:52 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

Default Idler pulley squeeks, lubricate or replace?

> wrote:
>My 94 Saturn SL2 squeels when first started, and may be getting worse. Likeliest guess is the idler pulley bearings. It's not an easy replacement, going through the wheel well. Should I be able to get away with just lubricating it? With what?

If you squirt a little Superlube or equivalent on the bearings, you can
delay the problem a little bit. You probably want to do this just to make
sure the problem is the idler pulley and not a squealing belt or something
else.

But, this is only delaying the inevitable.
--scott