Old March 9th 09, 08:26 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Stef[_2_]

Default Heloo People!

In alt.autos.alfa-romeo,
Catman > wrote:
> R C Nesbit wrote:
>
>> Anyway, Just bought a new(to me) 156JTD Sportwagon.
>> '53 plate, silver, bog standard, sadly with only the 115

Ehh, '53, that can't be the year. ;-)
Whatever happened to that FAQ that got posted here once in a while?

>> Anyway, first problem! - last night the bloody handbrake
>> cable snapped!

> arsebiscuits.
>>
>> Is this a major job?
>> I'll probably book it into the local garage on Monday, but
>> is it likely to cost an arm and a leg?

> I don't *think* so. Can't see any reason why it should but I've never
> had one done, so can't really comment.

Cables are not really expensive (cost me around 20 euro's each a year ago).
Changing them is real easy and should not take a lot of time (as long as you
remember to loosen the adjustment screw under the lever before you try to
remove/fit them).

If the other cable doesn't look in real good condition, put 2 new ones on.
The protective cap on the wheel end is probably already torn which will
lead to cable failure eventually. (the broken/missing cap is an MOT failure
over here (the Netherlands)).

--
Stef (remove caps, dashes and .invalid from e-mail address to reply by mail)

Your supervisor is thinking about you.